A couple years ago I was completing a 30-Day Writing Challenge. I don’t think I ever revisited a list of things I wanted to accomplish within that year. I know it’s been a couple years, but I thought I’d see if I’ve done everything on the list yet because I’m pretty sure I did not complete them all in my 25th year.
- Check off every item on this list. Incomplete
- Take & pass the CompTIA Network+ exam. Complete! I passed it on December 21, 2014.
Take & pass the Linux course my college offers.Take & pass the Computer/Internet Security course my college offers. Complete! Register for & begin taking their Windows Server Management course.Register for at least one more course.Complete. Not only did I register for another course, but I took several other classes before I ended up having to completely enroll in a new school because I was one of the unlucky students going to ITT when it closed.
- Successfully complete this 30 day writing challenge. Complete! Although I may not have checked everything off the list, I did complete the challenge.
- Finish writing Dr. Noph’s Nophinites (A book I’ve been working on for the last 4 years that I need to just buckle down and finish!). Incomplete. Getting closer to finishing my first draft, but still not done.
- Do at least one studio photography session. Complete! I did a senior photo session for a co-worker’s son.
- Finish everything except the carpeting in our living room. Incomplete…We did our first coat of paint and have done some of the remodeling, but considering we made some design changes, we are not done.
- Clean out our garage. Complete!!!
- Clean out our guest room. Complete, but incomplete. I cleaned it out and then we filled it back up, but spring cleaning should fix that.
- Watch one of my best friends, who is basically my little brother, walk down the aisle. Complete! He’s still happily married too! Bonus!
- Listen to & find at least one new music artist I like. Complete! I’ve found a lot of new artists over the past 2.5 years. Halsey, Lana Del Rey, Hozier, Jessie J., Iggy Azalea, Alessia Cara to name a few.
- Get caught up on Sons of Anarchy so I can be ready to watch the final season. Complete!
- Finish Anna Karenina and read at least two more books. Complete! Finished Anna Karenina, 6 of the Lemony Snicket stories, Game of Thrones (4.8 out of 5 of them – almost done with #5) Audiobooks, and several more, along with starting Everything’s Eventual.
- Spend at least one afternoon at one of the largest metro parks in the U.S. with my family. I almost marked this incomplete and then I realized I did go!
- Finish the Johnny Depp marathon and move onto musicals with my best friend. Complete – including the musicals marathon. We’ve started Sandra Bullocks now.
Cut & Color my hair, short and black.Changed my mind about this one, I’m now going to grow it out and color it red. I’m going to consider this as complete because I grew it out (still not as long as I want) and it’s back to my natural red color.
- Relax more and not be so uptight and anxious all the time. Complete, but incomplete. I have good days and bad days. Most are better than they were 3 years ago.
- Visit one place I’ve never been before. Complete! I traveled for work to a location I had never been before.
- Try a food I’ve never had before. Complete! I tried Orzo.
- See both of my grandmas at least once. Complete! One of my grandma’s did pass away and I was very glad I was able to see her one more time before she was gone forever. I was able to help feed her and connect on our love for crunchy hospital ice. I also braided her hair and was able to see her coherent and laughing.
- Complete all my work-related summer projects. Complete! Good thing or I may have lost my job!
- Pay more attention to the news. Complete! I pay a lot more attention to the news than I used to.
- Learn to be more patient and less hot headed. Complete…I think. This goes hand in hand with 18 I think. I’m pretty sure I’ve cooled down a bit over the years and maybe age has something to do with that. I know there are some days I still need to work on it, but for the most part I think I’ve accomplished this.
- And last, but not least, remember to come back to this after turning 26 and post an update on what I did and did not check off! Complete!